Save on your workers’ compensation premiums
If you pay into the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation (BWC) for workers’ compensation premiums, we have savings programs and cost containment strategies for you that are already a part of your member benefits with the Ohio Oil and Gas Association (OOGA).
· Destination Excellence - Includes Administrative rebates, Safety Council rebates, an Industry Specific Safety bonus, a Drug Free Safety incentive program and a Transitional Work Grant program with up to a 10% bonus (stackable with Group Rating)
· Drug Free Safety - Receive a discount between basic (4% bonus) or advanced (7% bonus) level programs to help your organization prevent on-the-job injuries and illness by integrating drug-free efforts (stackable with Group Rating)
· Safety Council - Receive a rebate of 2% of your annual workers’ compensation premium through program participation and an additional 2% performance rebate on the reduction of the frequency or severity of claims (stackable with Group Rating)
· Group Retrospective Rating - Receive retrospective premium refunds at the end of the three evaluation periods if claim costs are kept below a predetermined amount
· Grow Ohio - To encourage job creation, the Grow Ohio incentive program provides new employers in the state with the option of participating in a Group Rating program or an automatic 25% discount on their workers’ compensation premium
· Other Alternative Rating Programs - CompManagement also encourages all members to look at program discount/rebate stacking options when participating in either Group Rating or Group Retrospective Rating. When participating in Group Rating, consider adding on Industry Specific Safety (3%) and Transitional Work (up to 10% bonus). Group Retrospective Rating participants should consider stacking on the Safety Council participation rebate (2 %). Whether participating in Group Rating or Group Retrospective Rating, additional discounts can be added such as Lapse Free (1%) and Go Green (1%)
For more information on all of the alternative rating / premium discount programs, click here.
Why request a quote?
CompManagement offers a free, no-obligation evaluation to assist with your annual due diligence to compare discount opportunities and fees. This is an opportunity to compare TPA services and receive valuable account information including rating options, premium estimate and claims history. CompManagement’s experts will offer suggestions for participation in programs that can be stacked together to maximize your savings.
2 easy ways to complete your request for a free evaluation
If your current third party administrator is not providing your organization with these alternative options, or elevating your service experience, consider enlisting the services of CompManagement, Ohio's leading workers' compensation administrator and take advantage of this tremendous member benefit offered by OOGA.
Safety Academy Courses offered by CompManagement
CompManagement’s Safety Academy courses provide you with compliance programs to meet OSHA’s core regulatory standards, while also equipping you with industry-specific and safety-oriented tools to reduce occupational incidents and eliminate physical hazards. All courses are webinar based and will be available and updated throughout the year.
BWC Group Rating Training Requirements
The Ohio Bureau of Workers' Compensation (BWC) requires all Group Rating and Group Retrospective Rating employers that have incurred a workers' compensation claim in the past two years attend 2 hours of safety related training. If you have received a letter from either OOGA or CompManagement stating that your company had a claim, you will find various classes available on this page to satisfy the training requirement.
In order to comply with this requirement, it is necessary that a record be kept of this training. When you have completed the training you will need to report this to CompManagment. Please use the Safety Training Reporting form in order to have your safety training recorded and reported appropriately to BWC. You may also need to fax required documentation to CompManagement at (866) 567-9380.
If you have any additional BWC questions, please contact OOGA or CompManagement for assistance: